Nathan you are fantastic to deal with. Always prompt with deals never a hiccup. After 8 truck deals will never use another broker. Keep up the great work you make my life stress free.
Bloody brilliant. Nathan Elliott thank you very much for you excellent service. Highly recommended to everyone.
Can’t thank Nathan enough for how fast and professional he was with organising my finance for my new truck. He was straight to the point with no stuffing around Rate Nathan and the team highly
The team were extremely helpful with the purchase of my crane. They had a very fast turn around time once all the documents had been sorted. I'll definitely be using them again in the future.
I have used the team at Heavy Vehicle Finance twice now for our financing needs for my prime mover and side tipper. A Great team to work with and very prompt and professional when actioning my needs, we will use again in the future. Great work guys.
I have used Nathan and his team for multiple purchases for our earthmoving company and Nathan has gone above and beyond to help us with expanding our business. I couldn’t recommend Nathan more highly.
We used Nathan from Heavy Vehicle Finance for a sale that was far from straight forward. Nathan went above and beyond for us and made sure that the process was as stress-free as possible. Nathan is professional, understanding and prompt with his responses. The entire interaction with Nathan was nothing short of amazing. We will definitely be using Nathan and the team at Heavy Vehicle Finance for all other sales in the future. Can not recommend enough. Thank you again.
Deal with your own dedicated Relationship Manager
Flexible policy matrix
Pre-approvals up to $500K (within a few seconds)
Application tracking numbers for easy reference
No Doc up to $500K (no financials)
Low Doc up to $1M (BAS and Tax Portals)
Talk to people that specialise in Farming Equipment Finance
Deal with us from any location within Australia
Why use Heavy Vehicle Finance for Farm Machinery Finance and not a major bank?
- We are a niche financier of Farm Machinery Finance and can source funding from both mainstream and private funders giving our customers access to capital like never before
- Our turnaround times are often quicker than the large financial institutions. Major banks often have complex staffing or departmental structures that could result in your application going through too many sets of hands before your approval is given or settlement occurs
- Given that we only offer Farm Machinery Finance, our team has extensive knowledge of Equipment Loans and all types of Heavy Machinery. This means we can get our head around your proposal better than other lenders, that might only have expertise in Home Loans, Commercial Property Loans, Personal Loans or Car Loans
- Our customers are assigned a dedicated Relationship Manager whereby they can directly talk to the person handling their application. Accessing the right person at a larger financial institution can be very difficult
- The approval process is very streamlined, as customers can obtain pre-approval up to $500K within a few seconds. Unconditional approval is given within 24-48 hours and settlements can occur the day after given our simplified documentation process
- Our policies surrounding Farm Machinery Equipment Finance are more fluid than a major bank. Banks need to meet specific regulations as governed by APRA, which means the information they need from clients may result in a declined decision. Non APRA regulation means that we can offer our clients No Doc Farm Machinery Finance up to $500K and Low Doc Farm Machinery Finance up to $1M
What will my interest rate be?
- Current rates start at 7.50% but may vary depending on the age of the Machine being purchased and the credit score of the applicant
- Our business has been built on repeat customers and customer referrals over the last 20 years – so it is very important that we provide the best possible market rate whenever we issue a finance approval
How does our online Farm Machinery Finance pre-approval system work?
- Our client inputs their information into the easy to complete form on the APPLY NOW section of our website. Then a quick calculation is undertaken on the submitted data, with a pre-approval given within a few seconds
- No formal credit search is undertaken for pre-approvals up to $500K with means our applicants credit score is unaffected
- If the applicant is successful, they will receive either an email or a phone call indicating what is required for both unconditional approval and settlement
How long does the Farm Machinery Finance process take from start to finish?
- Pre-approval up to $500K is instant within seconds
- Unconditional approval is 24 – 48 hours after we receive the required information (such as a signed privacy form and income verification if required)
- Settlement can be achieved the day after unconditional approval if the Asset being purchased is through a licenced equipment dealer. Otherwise, a private sale can take a bit longer, given the additional paperwork we need to obtain from the vendor
What type of Farm Machinery can be financed?
- We finance all types of Farm Machinery with endless configurations as long the Asset has identifiers and will be used for business use
What age of Machines can be financed?
- Under our No Doc or Low Doc policy we primarily fund Machines no older than 20 years old at the end of term. This means if the Farming Equipment Loan is over a 5 year term, the Machine can be no older than 15 years old at the time of purchase. If the Asset is older than 15 years old at the time of purchase, we can shorten the loan term to make it fit within policy
- If the Farm Machinery Equipment is older than 20 years at end of term, we can still assess on a case-by-case basis. We might however require bank statements on the business account or accountant prepared financials to verify income
Can I purchase a Machine being sold by a private vendor?
- Our clients can purchase Machines from a dealer, auction or private vendor. On most occasions, we will not require a formal valuation on the asset if it is sold by a private vendor – thus saving our customers up to $1,000 on a professional valuers fee
- Dealer and auction sales are the quickest way to settlement. However, private sales can take longer, given that we need additional documentation from a private vendor to confirm ownership of the Machine and to ensure the funds are being given to the correct person/entity
What type of Farm Machinery Loans do we offer?
Most of our Farm Machinery Finance facilities are chattel mortgages. However, we can provide finance leases, commercial hire purchases, or rentals. All facilities work differently given their tax treatment – but our clients need to confirm with their accountant which facility type will best suit their business.
Can I have a structured payment Farm Machinery Loan facility?
- Our policy is very flexible, which means we can write into the Loan Contract that a one-off payment is applied to the Loan Contract within 6 months of the drawdown date. This can be done via the gst received on the new Equipment purchase or from the sale proceeds of a current Asset within the fleet
- Structured payments achieve lower payments for the customer and provides them with the flexibility of selling their Equipment privately without loosing too much asset value under a trade in
- We can also be creative on the balloon payments applied to our loan contracts, depending on the Asset age, the type of work it will will be doing and the projected amount hours / usage. However, we can apply balloons from 10% to 40% – subject to the client’s needs and whether we need to consider a higher or lower balloon payment to make the deal fit within our policy matrix
What is a balloon payment and how do they work?
- A balloon payment can be applied to a Loan Contract in order to reduce overall monthly payments and effectively maximise cash flow for a business
- A balloon payment can only be applied to a Machine that is no older than 5 years old at time of purchase
- Balloon payments can be between 10% and 40% depending on the age of the Equipment or the intended usage of the Machine
- Options for the client with contracts that have balloon payments are to either payout using own funds at the end of the term, refinance the balloon with a separate loan at the end of the term or to payout the balloon from proceeds derived when the Machine is traded at the dealership
Do I need financials completed before I apply for Farm Machinery Finance?
- Our flexible policy matrix provides our customers access to a wide range of funding options which often means we do not require financial statements
- No Doc Farm Machinery Equipment Finance up to $500K (no bank statements and no financials)
- Low Doc Farm Machinery Equipment Finance up to $1M (BAS and tax portal)
- Full Doc Farm Machinery Equipment Finance above $1M (accountant prepared financials and personal tax returns for the directors)
- We do not require financial statements for loans up to $500K – it is only on the bigger transactions that BAS or Accountant prepared financials are required – given a higher credit risk based on the purchase price
Can I apply for a Farm Machinery Loan if I am starting out?
- We can offer Farm Machinery Finance for new start businesses — no deposit required for loan amounts up to $175K. A deposit will be required if the purchase is greater than $175K (typically 10% to 20%)
- We need to see a work source letter or work contract confirming our client has ongoing work
- Also required is confirmation that our customer has funds in the bank to cover running costs for the first 3 months (must be genuine savings)
Where is Heavy Vehicle Finance located?
- Heavy Vehicle Finance is located in Brisbane – however we have clients Australia Wide. Once a broader relationship has been nurtured, the relevant Relationship Manager will organise an interstate visit to further understand the client’s business
- We successfully have clients Australia Wide given the fact our approval process is online and we issue documents via email or DocuSign. Customers of Heavy Vehicle Finance can also call our office number or their dedicated Relationship Manager’s mobile number at any time
Does Heavy Vehicle Finance only Finance Farm Machinery?
- In addition to funding Farming Equipment, we also provide Finance for all types of Heavy Trucks and Heavy Machinery. The only requirement is that the Asset we finance has identifiers and is used for business purposes
- As we only specialise in Farm Machinery Finance we are unable to assist with Loans such as Personal Loans, Home Loans or Recreational Vehicle Loans